An Albuquerque Criminal Defense Lawyer
Make no mistake; there is no such thing as a minor criminal charge. Criminal investigations are serious matters, and the end results can be life-altering. Most people realize the implications of felony convictions and ultimately retain an Albuquerque criminal defense lawyer when facing such charges. However, misdemeanor penalties, especially those associated with DUI, can be severe. The Attorneys at Khayoumi Law Firm understand the necessity of not only providing quality legal representation, but also of providing guidance and support to the accused and their families through such deeply difficult times.
Once you have been arrested, or have been made aware that you are the subject of a state or federal inquiry, law enforcement’s investigation has already begun. The longer you delay in retaining counsel, the more disadvantaged you will be as a defendant. The best defense is one that contests the case at every stage of the procedure.
Benefits of Counsel
Every case is unique, and will be evaluated on its individual strengths and weaknesses, but some results an experienced lawyer may be able to achieve include:
- Negotiating bail and release terms
- Complete investigation of the facts and circumstances leading up to arrest
- Limiting the potential exposure of the defendant by filing and arguing all applicable motions
- Ongoing plea negotiations with the prosecutor
- Preparing for trial, if it best serves the defendant’s interests
Areas of Representation
As a former prosecutor, Salim A. Khayoumi, Esq., the founding principal of Khayoumi Law Firm, is well versed in all criminal matters. The firm provides representation to those accused of both misdemeanor and felony offenses in such areas as:
- Automotive offenses, including DUI, suspended license and felony accidents
- Drug offenses, including possession, sales, transportation and manufacturing
- Theft crimes, such as larceny, embezzlement and burglary
- Crimes of violence, including manslaughter and murder, domestic violence, assault/battery, and robbery
Contact an Albuquerque Criminal Defense Lawyer for Legal Advice
If you are facing criminal charges, don’t just accept the odds being stacked against you. Level the playing field and protect your rights. Begin with a call to the Attorneys at Khayoumi Law Firm at (505) 333-8613.