An Albuquerque Auto Accident Lawyer Discusses Compensation in Auto Accident Injury Cases
Most people hope to get through the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident as painlessly as possible cialis and settle any claims with the other driver’s insurance company. But what if you were injured, and that’s not an option for you? An experienced Albuquerque auto accident lawyer can help you find out how your case will be evaluated and what type of compensation you should seek.
Damages are the heart and soul of the case. They can include compensation for financial hardship, physical and emotional suffering, and possible punitive action you may bring against the other driver, or the defendant. It may be achieved through an agreed-upon resolution with the defendant’s insurance carrier or awarded by the court if litigation becomes necessary.
Types of Damages
Some damages are easier to assess than others for the purpose of calculating compensation. The list below illustrates the types of damage compensation you might seek in your particular accident case:
- Hospital, trauma center and doctor bills or other medical expenses.
- Damages to your vehicle or other property.
- Wages lost due to time off from work during hospitalization and recuperation.
- Wages that you may be unable to earn in future due to a disability caused by the accident.
- Physical and emotional trauma.
- Diminished or lost quality of life, or “loss of enjoyment.”
- Damage to familial or conjugal relationships. This is also referred to as “loss of consortium,” and is grounds for damages to be awarded.
- Punitive damages designed to penalize the other driver for the harm that was done. This can amount to huge sums of money. Given that, there are limits to what can be charged for punitive damages in the majority of the states.
Proceed with caution to avoid negatively affecting the settlement. You could harm your case if you:
- Were even partially responsible for the incident. Comparative or contributory negligence your part may diminish or even negate the damages awarded.
- Took no action to help yourself. It is up to you to seek medical attention promptly, and failure to do so such that your condition is worsened will only harm your case and diminish possible damages paid.
We Are Standing By
Your Albuquerque auto accident lawyer wants to see justice done for you. Contact the Attorneys at Khayoumi Law Firm by calling (505) 333-8613 and settle your case today.